PDA

View Full Version : whats the best way to get into the IM niche?

Paul Liburd
04-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi I am open to any ideas or suggestions you can give me to get into the IM niche, I am currently in the Forex niche but i want to make a move into IM.
Can anybody help me with this or point me in the right direction
thanks

Paul Liburd

mrugank
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Paul,

It is difficult for somebody else to point you in the right direction when it comes to selecting the Niche. Internet Marketing is a HUGE money making Niche. There are many topics or Niche Ideas that evolve from this Market alone. Relation with List Building, Seo, Affiliate marketing, PPC, CPA Networks, Minisites, Keyword research, Product creation, Flipping websites etc etc etc are some of the many examples you can choose from.

Best Thing to do is, see which topic you can best provide content on, Find good JV partners, strike a deal.

Hope this helps

Best

Mrugank

Paul Liburd
04-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi thanks Mrugank for your insight.
The precise niche i suppose im looking for is Goole Adwords and how to beat it kind of thing

mrugank
04-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Now, there is one thing about product creation: It is not Rocket Science!! You don't have to reinvent the wheel here. You just have to check out some products out there. Do some serious research put the techniques to work. Find out what works best for you. Lay them down on a spread sheet. prepare good video tutorials on your methodology.. The Step by Step kind of thing and Boom your product is ready...

Important notice here: I am not in any form telling you or appriciating you to PLAGERISE other people's work. You have to have some of your unique ideas in there, different style of conveying the message and it should be good to get ahead from there.

Also Adwords topic is Overly done. So you should not have problems finding PLR articles or reports which you can use to your aide in your product creation.

Hope this helps. Just get your focus to focus on the task at hand with some urgency and you will have the product done in no time.

All the best

Mrugank

AbhishekAgarwal
04-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Paul

As Mrugank has rightly pointed out, the topic of Adwords has really been overdone. Most products/videos talk about the same thing.

Rather than creating a how-to Adwords guide (of which there is no shortage already), try something different. Maybe you can create a book like "101 Adword Tips". People love reading tips. If you do it well, elaborating each tip with screen-shots, it would easily be 100+ pages, and you can price it in the range of $47 - $97.

Just a random thought off my head...

-Abhi

Paul Liburd
04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi u mrugank and abhishek you have given me some serious food for thought here and i understand the plagerism comments mrugank.

I take you ae both currently in this field at the moment then?

AbhishekAgarwal
04-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Paul

I use adwords for one of my sites, but I am not an Adwords expert from any angle!
It is a love-hate relationship.

When I use adwords for a few weeks, I mostly always start hating it because my campaigns generally just manage to break even. And then I stop my campaigns for a few weeks, again to get attracted to it later after a month or two!

And the cycle repeats...!

-Abhi

mrugank
04-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Not in the Adword field buddy.. No. I have this preconcieved notion about adwords. These are the early months of my term with IM and I like to play it safe. Adwords is not my cup of tea. Yeah Product creations works for me (as I said, You dont need to be a rocket scientist ;)

SEO works best with me. Also I dont venture into heavyduty Niches as of now. So again SEO works just fine.

Mrugank

Lemy Y
04-18-2009, 04:35 AM
I think is that you have to follow your basic system in your forex niche...

It's just a same way when you tap on any market...

I agree that IM-niche is a huge money niche, so it's very tempting, and of course very competitive.

As long as you have valuable content to offer, whether it's money making system, traffic, seo, article marketing, the response will be good... ;)

Cheers.... :D

Lemy

stiqan
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Tell them how you made money in the forex niche ;) Sell it to people who are interested in selling forex to forex people and make it 'uniquely for forex people'... that would be something.

- Chris

Bryan Paige
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
If I were trying to break into the IM circle, I create small product or something really of good value to the end user. You could start by doing interviews with with jv partners right here when they do their launches. They are always welcoming interviews.

Then I would set up a squeeze page and send ass much traffic to it by targeting the keywords for the product the owner I just interviewed was talking about. Offer the interview as an incentive to opt-in.

Leverage the hype from the launch to send you opt-ins for the IM arena.You do this with a squidoo page if you wanted and probably rank well if you do it right.

Paul Liburd
05-05-2009, 05:19 PM
thanks for all your help, but i see i need to do a lot of research and is there anybody actually in the forex field on here?

RichardAMartin
05-11-2009, 02:01 PM
You can also take the "tips" idea & make it into a video series. Higher value - people (including myself) love video!

Paul Liburd
05-26-2009, 08:00 AM
thanks all

Paul Liburd
06-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Aelse with any ideas?

Patrick Wooley
06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Paul,

Everyone will tell you that the best way is to create your own product. Since you have experience in the Forex niche, you have a great starting point for product creation. You wouldn't even have to create one yourself but could outsource it or JV with someone.

You could include audio or video interviews with experts in that field if you have any contacts there. Forex has a huge interest, especially for people in the IM field. You could offer an ebook with several companion products or a home study course.

I would recommend highly though that once you find an area you're comfortable with or interested in, that you seek out and pay for a mentor. Education is always an investment into yourself and if you pay attention, you'll make back everything you spend and much more.

You can gain a wealth of education for free just hanging around here and a few other forums also. That's your choice. But sometimes paying someone who has been there and is already successful will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. I hope that helps. Take care and the best of luck to you. ;D

Patrick Wooley

cre8iveq
06-26-2009, 01:51 AM
I really don't think these niches are as far apart as you might think... think about it. The people on the forex list, are they all gun traders, or just people looking for an opportunity to make money from home. My guess is 99% of them are the second... and IM is just another opportunity to make money from home.

I'd bet if you sent out an IM offer to the forex list, you would get a good response.

Patrick Wooley
06-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Dan,

Totally agree with you. One thing people want these days is instant gratification and instant income. And those two are probably the closest to hitting the emotional trigger as you can get online. Just look at how huge both of those industries are and you can see the interest.

Paul,

A great place for some info to get you up to speed is http://www.babypips.com. They have a good tutorial section under the "school" tab. That's just one of thousands but will give you some good info to start researching. Hope it helps. Take care.

Patrick

Jack Harold
06-28-2009, 10:19 AM
seriously, I've had done my best in taking part in JVs....but to date, no success at all...no sales...no opt-ins even though my site is on a Page 1 for the "buy X" or " "purchase X" keyword phrase...

Is there any wrong with the way I am doing my JV? This is the only way I can take part in a JV as I do not have a list at all to start with.

Mike Merz, you want to comment on this?

Mike Merz
06-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, Jack ... one of the reasons why one might have problems trying their hand at JV Marketing may be due to them not entirely having honed and precised their own Onlike self and product brand before attempting to network with others ... what are you bringing to the table?

I don't know very many successful JV Marketers that are not already relatively successful Online business owners or affiliate marketers ... which is why I have pleaded with folks in this community from Day 1 to not put the cart before the horse ... don't venture into JV Marketing unless you have enjoyed reasonable success Online, individually.

My advice ... get your house in order ... work on your self and product branding, hopefully raising your 'celebrity factor' in the process ... take something you're especially good at, and bring it to the table along with others at your level to work together, co promote, and brainstorm.

And by all means ... if you do decide to take the Web 2.0 road, PPC, etc, find a way to build a list in the process. What a waste to spend all that money looking strictly for affiliate sales ... and fritter away the opportunity to grab the leads!

Cheers,

Mike

Stephen Carter
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
personally, i have become somewhat disenchanted with the IM field when looking at it as both a product creator and as an affiliate because i have seen large refund numbers on even the good products, some well above 50 percent.

for that reason i have turned away from developing IM products for the time being, and i am now very selective in what i promote in that area. i think if i was in the forex niche and it was making me some money, i would stay there.

Paul Liburd
07-24-2009, 10:00 PM
I hear what your saying Stephen and the Forex niche is also very profitable.
I have a few ideas to try and if there is anyone in the forex niche that wants to hook up feel free to contact me

Patrick Doucette
02-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Hi Paul;
I am also in the Forex niche.
Some of my sites:
http://www.euro-blaster.com
http://www.eb-turbo.com
http://www.cash-cruiser.com
I just finished creating my first Internet Marketing product.
I will send you an email, maybe we can brainstorm some jv ideas. ::)
best regards--patrick

Dustin
02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
I would reccommend firstly finding something that you are passioante about in the niche, like ppc, seo, autoresponders etc.

Once you find what you feel confident about try to get in the mind of the general market and find a gap. is there something that you are doing that could be automated? or something that is a little tricky that you could offer a manual for?

Creating your own product is a good way to get started in my mind hope all goes well for you.

John Ellis
02-16-2010, 07:32 AM
You should only get into the IM niche if you've actually succeeded in the IM niche IMO. Teach something you've actually mastered yourself, no matter how small you think it is. A lot of IM'ers are going through the same steps of learning that you went through.

mjbacch
03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
It's true that the IM niche is very crowded but that certainly does not mean there's no more room. When I first got started with marketing online I, like many other people I suppose, was very green and just jumped in. It wasn't until months later that I realized how crowded the market actually was. I mean I knew it was crowded but didn't really think about it that much.

I tested my theories with real practice and practical application and then put a product together. It sold like gang busters and back then I didn't even "know" what I was doing. Go figure, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

What makes IM great, I think, is the fact that if you put together a killer product it really can change someones income, that's if they even apply the techniques.

My suggestion would be to focus on one area and get as much information as possible about that area and make sure you test what works best in real practice. Then you can begin to put together a product or at least have the knowledge to write up an outline if you are going to outsource the product creation.

Simon Shawcross
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
It appears to me that in the IM niche alot of techniques and ideas are regurgitated- and thats absolutely fine especially if it is stuff that works.

Every once in a while it appears someone will come along with a genuinely new idea/ angle that can be really hot for a period of time.

The other obvious aspect is a degree of celebrity.

So repackage something really well, see an angle no one else has or develop the cult of your celebrity- all three together along with the right network will produce the best results

Success to all.