PDA

View Full Version : keyword selection

fernando_rc
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
hi there..
im planning to get a software called seo elite..
first of all i'd like to get a short review of this product, for those of you who have used it.

and second.... is there any special criteria to pick a keyword and rank better in SE? I mean some people say that is better to pick keywords with no less than 300.000 competing pages, other people say that it's better to check first trends on google and then go to the google keyword tool and see which keywords has the lowest competition but high searches per month etc etc etc

but id like to know a better criteria to choose better keywords in a list of keywords that a program like seo elite would give me..
that¡s all.

charleskirkland
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi

SEO Elite is a great software and one that has made me a lot of money. Also check out seoequalizer.com as they will both get the job done for you.

They key to success with any tools is to only use it as a tool, there is nothing that works any better then the brain.

Keyword selection is more of and art then science and you get really good at it by just doing it.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for.

Here are some free videos that I have that will kind give you a better idea about keyword selection.

http://www.seocodebreaker.com/keywordtool/

These are about 1 1/2 years old so keep that in mind.

Thanks
Charles

Pieter van Schalkwyk
04-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I think keyword selection is as personal as the car that you drive :)

I personally use Market Samurai and my selection of keywords are based on a number of personal criteria:

* Will I be using PPC or SEO as primary traffic source? If I plan to use PPC then I don't care to much about competing pages, but if I use SEO I want to have less than 150-200k competitors on SEOT phrase match of my keyword. I also check SEO competitors for backlinks, PR, keyword in title etc. With PPC I'm more concernedabout traffic volume and cost

* I always use the Microsoft OCI (commercial intent) indicator and have a rule of thumb to only look at keywords with OCI > 90%.

* I have found some real gems by viewing keyword meta tags in the page source of ezine articles in my niche. I list them from 10 or so articles (someone else did the hard work :)) and the put it through Market Samurai.

As Charles points out, the brain is still the best source for keywords. I also found by asking friends to search for a specific thing and not giving them keywords, they come up with variations that I didn't think of. My wife is particularly good at that :)

Hope it helps

charleskirkland
04-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Also don't forget to use your log files to see what people are searching for when they find your site. This is a gold mine.

Charles

Pieter van Schalkwyk
04-08-2009, 08:35 PM
My previous post on this referred to 150-200k SEOT. I actually meant SEOC (SEO competition).

fernando_rc
04-11-2009, 02:00 PM
hey charleskirkland thanks for you opinion..
Ive tried to see your videos but i dont know what happens, it looks like the link (of the videos) does not work..