PDA

View Full Version : Backlink Querry (SEO)

mrugank
04-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Hello Friends,

I was doing some Seo backlinking work for one of my minisites. I am not a Pro at SEO.

I have a question. While creating multiple squidoo lenses and linking them to the actual site, does the IP address of the computer hamper the ranking??

What I mean is: I create around 10 lenses, link them to One super lens which in return links back to the minisite.
However all the lenses created and linked go from the same IP Address.

Kindly educate.

Thank You

Chris Douthit
04-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Yes, the IP matters. Search Engines also know if you create back links from another site on the same server. Search Engines have figured out most every trick these days.

If you want quality back links you should first leave a signature in your forum posts on every forum you belong to. Also article marketing is a great way to get quality backlinks.

mrugank
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Chris,

Thank You for the information. Nice tips. By the way How About getting a link straight from Wikipedia.. Is there a way to do it... Would it help?? I ask because it is a powersite with respect to Information right?

Chris Douthit
04-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah if you can get a staight link from wikipedia that would be really good, they have a very high SEO score so you will get lots of love for that. However, thats pretty tough to do. The editors will cut you out if they think you are posting just for a backlink.

If you are able to get it up for more than a week let me know, I will be impressed.

mrugank
04-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Getting a baclink from wikipedia is indeed a challenge. I am thinking of posting a classified ad on ebay (It costs just $9.99 I guess. Will it act like a backlink to my site and will it be of any quality? I just needed an opinion before going ahead with it.

Dean James
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
@mrugank

I believe a classified ad runs for 30 days and expires at this point unless you pay a renewal fee. I would be more inclined to view these ads as lead generation as oppose to backlink as eventually the listing itself it archived and deleted off the ebay server.

Dean

mrugank
04-25-2009, 03:11 AM
Dean,

You are right. This thought just slipped out of my mind. Good Insight

Mrugank

elishahong
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I tried the Wikipedia thing and it isn't easy to get a backlink there unless you make some significant addition to Wikipedia and if your site is relevant and an authority site. Mine stayed for at least 24 hours before it got removed. I was just testing it out.

Good discussion here.

behzad
07-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Getting link from Wikipedia is great if your link do not get removed, but if you succeed do not count on it as SEO backlink because all Wikipedia link to outside sites are nofollow, but of course it creates a lot of traffic.