PDA

View Full Version : Planning your launch dates

Anthony Buchalka
04-06-2009, 07:38 AM
I was wondering people's thoughts on how long before a launch you are approaching affiliates to ensure you choose a date that many of your affiliates are free to promote your product.

It seems some of the bigger affiliates may be "booked" out quiet a while in advance.

Cheers,

Anthony

citrus
04-06-2009, 07:54 AM
What bugs me the most is when people post a launch which is occuring soon, as in less than a week. It doesn't really give me time to plan it. Even though I personally don't have a huge list, I still have mailings planned sometimes!

I think 2 weeks would be the minimum is you wanted to do a sizeable launch. First you'd need to get all the JVs on board, then you'd need to put out content for pre-launch. It wouldn't be so good if you didn't have time for either of those things...

Curtis

Shawn Horwood
04-07-2009, 01:03 AM
From my experience, and from what I have seen from my research two weeks is definitely a minimum, but a month or so is much better. That gives them time to check out the product, plan a promotion, come up with bonuses, plan their mailings, etc.

As an affiliate myself, I only promote one product maximum per month to each list, sometimes less. I like to provide valuable content most of the time, and once in a while I send out a promotional email. I like to hear about products in advance so I can decide which one is most targeted to my list and send out a mailing about it. I want to make sure my list is getting what they signed up for, not just random offers that make me a lot of money. If I don't know about the product until a week before it launches, then I usually have either decided to offer a free report or I already have another product lined up, so the one that I knew about in advance gets the mailing.

Also, one month gives you time to make sure you have provided your JV partners with everything they need to promote your product. Some need custom landing pages, some want to do interviews, teleseminars or webinars with you, some will have questions about the product, etc. so it is good to give them a month to figure all that out, and then you have have time to help all of your JV partners sort out any problems they may have.

I have never launched my own product, but I have watched a bunch of product launches, and I have been a part of some, so this is speaking from my experience as an affiliate/JV partner. Perhaps someone who has actually done a launch of their own product will have something to add to this?

Shawn

Paul Liburd
04-08-2009, 08:15 AM
yes I agree 2 weeks to a month is more ideal notice for affiliates and the plan is to make sure you try and give the affiliates enough time to absorb the information you give them and to plan there brodcasts

regards

charleskirkland
04-11-2009, 09:27 PM
You need to call all your close JV partners the minute you have a date and go from there. I get calls from people all the time with launch dates 2 months or more away.

But the key is to lay our your date for you JV's as soon as you can.

Charles

Paul McPherson
04-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Plan it like a wedding (weeks, even months in advance). Don't announce until you have everything ready to go and all is perfected. Choose your date wisely.

If top flight marketers in your niche are doing a similar launch, around that time, defer and help promote their launch. You simply need to postpone.

That hot product launch formula niche will buy from you but not 7 days after Jeff Walker relaunches his product launch formula. Help his JV, then 6 or 7 weeks later it's all forgotten and you can do well with your launch.

Paul McPherson