PDA

View Full Version : Camtasia Question

alanmag9
04-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Hello all,

I have recently started working on a video series that I want to do as a free video course revealing part of my ClickBank Reaper system, along with a ton of extra bonuses.

I just downloaded Camtasia yesterday for the first time, and I am still trying to figure out how to use it. I think I am just going to do a narration for a Power Point presentation and turn it into a video. This is probably the easiest to figure out.

Any help, advice, input, or tips would be highly appreciated! I know several people i this forum are very good when it comes to Camtasia.

Alan

Anthony Buchalka
04-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Hi Alan,

Good investment. Camtasia is a great powerful tool.

I used it for a couple of years before buying Screenflow ( a Mac program) after I finally gave in to my geeky brother who kept on my back to get a Mac computer. :)

I'll have to say I'm in love again (but don't tell my wife that).

You have probably already found your way to this page below that has a ton of Camtasia 5 video tutorials by Tech Smith.

http://video.techsmith.com/camtasia/5/edu/quickstart/enu/default.html

I suggest you get you head down and watch a heap of them and start playing around with the basic functions.

It's also good to look around at other online screen video recordings and make a note of what you like and what you don' t like so you end up with your own unique style.

Have fun. :)

Anthony

alanmag9
04-03-2009, 07:19 AM
I will definately look at those tutorials, as I have just learned the basic functions like narrating a power point project. Thanks for the input Anthony!

Alan

atedman
04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi Alan

I've only made basic videos using Camtasia and I found the best way was just to watch the 3 or 4 basic training videos then dive in and play around.

I wasn't too sure about the editing at first but after a bit of practice I found it superb. You can turn a video with loads of ums and errs into a slick running masterpiece (slight exagerration there!).

I've not needed to make any videos using transitions and other features yet but along with the provided training videos, I'm pretty sure it will be very simple after a bit of trial and error.

Good luck.

Alan

jayderby
04-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Alan,

I made my first set of videos last week using Camtasia for a 6 part training series about digital marketing.

Your idea about using a slideshow is about right and I did something similar.

I just opened the slides that I made in Photoshop to the size I wanted and just recorded them one clip at a time.

I also did some browser recording so had to plan the script to make sure the action on the screen was in tandem with the voice over.

You can then arrange these clips on a timeline and put the transitions between them in one go!

I then added some music at both ends and just faded it in and faded out.

To be fair, for me it was the script writing and slide design that took up the time but really it depends on how slick you want to appear.

Feel free to download my video series to get a feel for it, they aren't selling anything, they are just to give potential clients an understanding of what the game is all about.

www.brooksdigitalmarketing.co.uk

They aren't great but for a first go I'm impressed with Camtasia.

Good luck,
Jase

c4rves
04-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Hi there Alan, Jason is right about the part that will take the time is creating the slides, I find that understanding the power point recording is harder than the actually screen capture, editing.