PDA

View Full Version : Im trying get into the IM market please help

Paul Liburd
03-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi there I am trying to move into the IM markets having been in the forex one.
I am looking for help on the topics i need to be creating to enter this market. can anyone give me some tips tricks and advice on this matter please.
who knows maybe i can help someone get into the forex market

regards

paul liburd

Anthony Buchalka
04-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Hi Paul,

Pleased to meet you.

I am not sure what you mean exactly.

Are you asking what topics you need to be studying to become an Internet Marketer?

Some of the most helpful skills and areas to gain knowledge for an IM (although you don't meed to possess all of these all yourself) are;

Researching to find potentially profitable niches
Keyword research
Traffic generation -for eg PPC, SEO, web 2.0 etc - my favorite topic :)
Product development
Copywriting
Conversion (selling) strategies
Affiliate marketing
Website creation

Cheers, :)

Anthony

Paul Liburd
04-16-2009, 08:45 AM
thanks athony its the traffic generation sector I am looking to break into. do you have any ideas or suggestion that could set me of in the right direction thanks

Patrick Wilson
04-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey there Paul,

Fist of all, if you had success in the forex community, use that as leverage in the IM world. You could design a product that details the exact system that you used to make money in a niche outside of internet marketing. People really love the "works outside of IM" angle, as they feel like many of the systems that are currently being marketed don't work in other, perhaps less popular niches.

Anytime you enter a niche like IM where a strong degree of importance is placed on "making money", you need to understand that people will not trust you unless you've built up some credibility. It's not so much about what your product can do as much as it is what other people think about it. I hate to bombard you with the tired old line "you need to position yourself as an authority", but I'm afraid as redundant as it sounds, it's the truth.

What I'm not going to do, however, is tell you to spend hours and hours writing and submitting articles and publishing blog posts on your subject merely to establish yourself as someone who knows what he's talking about; that is a time tested strategy for generating traffic and establishing credibility that you should definitely consider but I'm sure you've already heard that enough times. Rather I'm going to tell you what I believe is the best/quickest way to achieve a position of considerable authority -- enough, at least, to sell a product to the IM community with relative success. So here it is:

Develop a product of your own as stated earlier, focusing on the "works outside the IM" angel or choose a sub-niche such as traffic generation, PPC marketing, social media, etc. If you are really a true beginner who doesn't really know the ropes that well, first of all, consider choosing a different niche! But if you are 100% adamant about breaking into the IM community, you could instead modify a couple of PLR products and package them together. Either way, you are going to want to GIVE your offer away in online forums and marketing communities like this one or the warrior forum. In return for receiving your free product, other marketers would be asked to provide you with personal reviews/testimonials about you and your offer.

I'm not sure of your experience level, and I understand that you may have problems with giving your offer away for free, as many people who are just getting started do, but I'm going to urge you to forget about making money for the time being, as this approach will be far more advantageous to you in the long run, and focus strictly on building relationships and credibility. Once the testimonials begin pouring in (and believe me, if you position your offer correctly, they will), you now have the much needed social proof element in place.

The beautiful thing about this is that the testimonials that you get from these efforts, will be yours for the remainder of your marketing career. And when you release new products, your real money-getters as they say, you will be able to leverage the relationships that you've already formed with other marketers who are familiar with you and your services, to acquire new testimonials, and of course, most importantly, potential JOINT VENTURES.

I hope this was helpful my friend.

Best of luck,

JP

P.S. I know every where you look people are making loads of money in the IM niche and it's hard to ignore that. However the beauty of Internet Marketing is in the fact that you can make just as much and potentially more money positioning yourself in rather obscure niches where nobody knows what the heck they're doing. One of my mentors, Ryan Deiss, is retiring arguably his most successful product to date because he actually makes more money doing continuity and niche marketing than he does teaching it. Just keep that in the back of your mind when you're considering these recommendations. Cheers.

Paul Liburd
04-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi JP Wilson
You have been a great help and i apperciate the way tyou went out of your way to help me.
i will definetly be giving some of your suggestions a try as am determined to break into this niche. I actually have two great mentors myself in Chris X and Steven Lee Jones, but I am not the type of guy to expect to get everything done for me as these two have already been very influential to me in the forex niche but i recognise that i need to stand on my own two feet aswell if you know what i mean although i know i wont be short of JV partners i just appreciate other peoples inpput aswell

regards Paul Liburd

Patrick Wilson
04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Glad I could help Paul. :)
It's always great to have mentors as well as people who you can trust to give you quality business advice. That's why I love this forum. Everybody just seems to be putting their nose to the grindstone so to speak, and doing what it takes to make big things happen, not only for themselves, but also for one another. Feels great to know that there's an entire community of folks who are all just as dedicated to the success of their friends and business partners as they are to their own business accomplishments. It's very refreshing.

JP

elishahong
04-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey JP,

I read your response and it's great. I'd like to discuss about the following matter:

You said:
"...instead modify a couple of PLR products and package them together." -How would you successfully do something like that?

Most PLR products have been spread all over and contains the same information that perhaps the IM community would otherwise notice.

How would one create something that is fresh and yet derived it from a PLR product?

I've seen some who just gave it a name change and beefed it up with new graphics and added a few other bonuses to the re-purposed PLR product but what would you do?

Thanks.

Daniel0604
04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Elisha,

Honestly, I'm far from an expert just a wee little newbie to be exact, but I think doing some PLR stuff would work great in other niches, lets say gardening. In the year that I've been online I've seen many cases where names have been changed and what not for IM products. Not trying to undermine JP because I'm sure he's WAAAAYYY better at this than me since I'm not really making any money yet, but I do think that would be tough since most PLR on IM that you find is outdated.

However, I have seen some excellent new products come out that give PLR rights when you purchase for an additional fee. I think these would be a great way to go because then they are new and haven't been circulating for years. One marketer I've seen do this is Adeel Chowdry (sorry if you read this and I misspelled your name Adeel) but he has great products and many times gives PLR to his products.

Hope this helps!

Daniel

Patrick Wilson
04-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Hi Elisha,

I wasn't subscribed to this post and I just noticed your question. Sorry for the delay. If you are an absolute newbie, as I suggested to Paul, I would really consider breaking into another niche. It's just that it's really hard to appear to be an expert in an arena where you have absolutely no idea what you are doing (especially when it comes to "making money"). There is another way to do it that I did not mention earlier, however. That is, if you are absolutely dead set on choosing IM as your preferred market.

Here's your answer... Interview experts! This strategy was used to perfection by now well-known marketer Tellman Knudson on his first listbuilding venture (when he was a "nobody" and had zero credibility, from a marketing perspective).

You could contact product owners, and ask them if they would be willing to allow you to conduct a teleseminar where you would be interviewing them about their new product or service. You would set everything up-- coordinate everything so that all the product owner has to do is simply show up for the call. And the only thing that you would ask for in return is the rights to the interview and perhaps a small affiliate commission for each sale.

It's a win win situation for both you and the product owner for the following reasons: You now have a full-length audio product along with the transcripts that you could sell as your own for 100% profit, and the product owner now has a passive viral resource (your product) that will help to market his material as well (obviously assuming that you mention the name of his website and/or provide an affiliate link in the transcripts of the interview). Not to mention the immediate promotional value that he/she recieves from the teleseminar.

Once you conduct enough of these interviews, your name will end up becoming synonymous with the very people (the experts) with whom you are associating yourself. In other words, you end up becoming the company that you keep.

It's not a foolproof method, but if your determined enough, it can work extremely well.

Cheers :)

Paul Liburd
05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi Jp are you actually in the IM nihe at the moment?

Patrick Wilson
05-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Paul. In sales training & IM niches. Did aff marketing exclusively in IM, weight loss, and music production markets for a while. At the moment finishing up new product and membership site (in IM niche). Hoping to soft-launch beta WSO this saturday for conversion stats.

Paul Liburd
05-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi JP Wilson i have just launched a successful forex programme that hit the top 5 in clickbank called forex transformer is there a way in your opinion i could turn this success around to break into the IM field.
My email address is paul.liburd@gmail.com if you wish to contact me this way i would really appreciate your help thanks

BrandonFredrickson
05-30-2009, 12:19 PM
You just leverage that success Paul.

Most people trying to get into IM have no idea of what they are talking about. It was the first niche they came across when they decided that they wanted to make money online, and they just stay with it. That's part of the reason that there are so many horrible products in this niche.

I've been in the stock market and real estate niche's since 1998 and doing very well with it. I was 100% nobody in the IM world just 2 months ago, and I've already established contact and relationships with some of the top names in the field. I've done this without being able to leave my house because of an MRSA infection. (so yes events are great, but not required) The reason: I actually have something to offer. When I talk to them, I can do so at or near their level, I have a proven track record of six and seven figure success.

Forex is the most competative investing niche out there, if you've done that well in it you can certainly leverage your knowledge and skills there.

Make a course that is basically a case study of how you created a top five clickbank product.

Brandon

Paul Liburd
06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Brandon do you have a contact Email address my friend?

Paul Liburd
07-24-2009, 10:04 PM
Any other ideas out there?