PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, Is This How It Works ?

seanint
03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi,
I'm new here. Let me see if this is how it works around here;

1. Sign up/join a JV Pre Release. (I assume you get some sort of affiliate link ?)

2. Send out the provided sales letter to list with affiliate link or

3. Send prospects via link from SEO page ie Squidoo Lens (no cash outlay method)

4. Prospect opts in to the pre release hype blog.

5. If prospect converts on release, then commission is paid after refund period via Paypal, Paydot.com, Clickbank or check .

Another question is do you provide teaser material for those of us without a list as of yet ie just starting out? This is so I can promote with a short teaser/see what you get/sneak peak video. You know, like a screen shot of the table of contents of the course ect.

Thanks,

Sean Integlia

Mike Merz
03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi, Sean ... this is the actual way that JV Notify Pro is meant to be enjoyed, preferably at room temperature. ;)

READ FIRST - Understanding How JV Notify Pro Works (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,1359.0.html)

If you mean how to take on the role of the promotional end of an endorsed mailing JV, your assumed analogy puts the cart before the horse a bit ... you should already have a list and/or a reasonable amount of traffic ... or a proven way to quickly obtain either/both of the aforementioned (web 2.0, PPC, purchasing advertising, etc.) ... before you register.

Your fellow partners are looking for potential JVs that already have the ability to sell ... so I would tackle that obstacle, first ... before registering as a JV partner.

Which is why I recommend following the procedures mentioned in ... READ FIRST - Understanding How JV Notify Pro Works (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,1359.0.html)

Best,

Mike

seanint
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Well Mike,

Thanks for the info, I went and read what you told me to. It did not have the answer to my question there either. I'll rephrase, what are the normal payment procedures after I have sent prospects to the pre release links and they buy at release. I can obtain a list quick enough, and I was not aware of any ban using Squidoo lenses or social networking sites to promote these pre releases. I do not have a product of my own to promote, but am looking to promote other peoples products in pre release. Are these "proven methods" ? Well the guy who sold me the course I took claims they are and the course sent me here.

I did introduce myself in the "introduce yourself" section.

My plan is to purchase a list and promote to the list, but also to use the low budget promotional methods as I am just starting out.

As far as ability to sell... I apologize, but I did not see anything requiring me to post a resume or employment history on the Registration page. I have 3 years as a Mortgage Loan Officer -straight commission - no draw primarily by phoning a list. I am now looking to start an online marketing income machine. If my lack of online experience disqualifies me to be here, then I apologize.

Sean Integlia

Mike Merz
03-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Sean, I didn't mean to come across as condescending ... I apologize if that's the way you took it.

It's just that JV Marketing isn't typically 'entry level' ... a basic knowledge of Internet Marketing and some trial and error as a simple affiliate is usually a prerequisite (ClickBank and PayDotCom are 2 Affiliate Networks I recommend for getting your feet wet).

I say this because JV merchants come here to start new relationships with partners they assume already have the proven ability to sell ... they are being invited to promote with the idea that they already know what it takes to accomplish the task from past experience. That is why early notice, entry into closed affiliate programs, and other perks are being offered ... because they expect pre qualified partners that have earned the right to these extras though experience.

You gave me reason to believe from your initial post that you had no clue of how you were going to convert ... which in the majority of cases ends up being a waste of the merchant's time at the end of the campaign.

Your follow up reply, however, leads me to believe you have a game plan that you have learned from an experienced source ... which makes a big difference.

You'll notice that we archive the Premium Joint Ventures ... if you check out each one ... and their subsequent JV pages, they will go over pretty much all the terms. If you do have any individual questions, you'll almost always have a contact you can reach for that either in the letter or on the linked to page.

As far as commissions, some affiliate program providers pay like clock work (ClickBank for example ... every 2 weeks). Others pay after the first refund cycle ... or hold back a % and pay monthly. One of the first things I would do is find out when affiliate payments go out, and if it's not clear ... inquire about it.

Many merchants will have some sort of preview version of their course or software for JV review, but often times they only make the full, rough version available to proven sellers. Of course ... it doesn't hurt to ask.

Best,

Mike

seanint
03-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks, Mike,

I felt I had to reply to your post. I'm here to make money period.
I'm going to keep plugging along, as long as it takes to be a successful contributor and partner.
Thanks for the payment info and I have been looking at the offers. I just want to catch one that has 2+ weeks left to the release date.

Thanks again,

Sean Integlia

Pieter van Schalkwyk
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I think there are 2 types of Newbies. The first is Newbie to Internet Marketing and this forum is not really suited to that audience. You first have to buy the ebooks, video courses, software, get ripped off a few times, be spammed by 10 000 other internet marketers selling the same launch to you before you qualify to be the second type of Newbie. You first have to build a list, sell some products through CB as Mike mentioned and then attempt the JV Newbie. A JV Newbie has a list of some prospects in "how to make money on the internet" market and then get involved in pre launch notifications etc.

The purpose of going through the first type is twofold: you learn how to put campaigns together quickly (you sell through your email list, not ppc or SEO, no time for that) and you build a list that you can sell to.

This is a great forum to learn from and track what the established marketers are doing, but don't spend too much time promoting early launches if you don't have a half decent list. That is, unfortunately, the first step and requires some investment of time and money.

Also be careful of a purchased list. The "drop off" rate can be very high when you load into your autoresponder and they start getting mail from an unknown source. Much better to build your own, but that's my view.

Barry Weiss
03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I have email and postal list experience and strongly believe in creating your own list.

You eliminate "false lists" those that are scrapped from websites and not opt in or double opt in lists. A bad list or cheap list could produce spam complaints and that is not what you want at all.

Also based on my reading and marketing experience building a list based on content and not always pounding a sale could produce a much better and longer term profit machine for you with room for significant back end promotions.

Barry

alanmag9
04-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Sean,

If you can find a list to BUY that converts sales, let me know! You will never find one, period. I can't tell you how many "double opt-in", "home business targeted" lists I have bought, but none have worked for me. Not one. The only conversions I've seen is from building a list of my own.

Create a squeeze page and drive traffic to it. This will cost time, money, and a lot of testing. But once you get this down, you can build a list. While building the list, don't send them offers right off the bat. Send them a newsletter, seminar, a free ebook or some form of bonus. Turn your list into a community that trusts you, THEN at that point you may start promoting products to them.

Hope this helps,

Alan