PDA

View Full Version : Advice and Recommendation

fernando_rc
02-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Hello
Today I was in Google looking for ways to get free targeted traffic to my sites, and I came across with some webistes that offer 10.000 targeted visitors for a $29.99 fee.

just i'd like to get a recommendatio or advice about this sites, Do you recommend that to use?
If so, which sites or where I can go to look for that?

So, first, I'd like an advice about this,, and second i'd like to get your views about getting free targeted traffic in a short period of time. that's all

Audrey Thorne
02-18-2009, 10:31 AM
I've never used a service like that, and my instincts tell me it's not a great idea.

However, I'll leave this one to the experts here, I'm sure they can tell you with some confidence if it's a go.

dmarzean
02-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Personally, I have never had much luck with buying "targeted traffic". If you have a budget to work with I would suggest getting some info on PPC and going that route. If you have no budget, article marketing and social media marketing is the way to go.

I think your money can be better spent somewhere else.

Doug

comparco
02-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I agree, if you had 10,000 "targeted visitors" would you sell them for $30. Sending them to a simple adsense page would yield more than $30 IMHO.
My targeted traffic comes from offering users what they are looking for.
I don't mean to state the obvious, but I would use your money in other ways

good luck and best wishes

Trevas Walker
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I've actually tried these types of services with a couple of different types of web sites. The sites that offer 10,000 visitors for $29 are just driving traffic through pop-ups, etc, and other generally annoying methods, and are a complete waste of money. I've never had a single sign-up/sale/or anything else from this type of service.

There are some services that will send visitors via paid-to-read email though, and these ones can actually bring decent visitors, but only if you have a site where you are giving something away. The last time I used this type of service I think it cost $15 for 1000 emails.

If you have a site that gives something away (ie you're working on building a list by giving away a report or something) $15 is way less than you would pay for traffic from Google, and sign-up coversions won't vary that much.

Cheers,
Trevas

Chris Douthit
02-19-2009, 02:18 AM
I tried one of these services once about 5 years ago, I didn’t have Adwords on the page, it was for a product I was selling personally and the traffic didn’t bring in one sale.

I agree with dmarzean and Trevas, I just assume now when I see these it’s going to be some kind of bogus traffic.

If you decide to buy it and give it a test let us know how it goes, but I would venture to guess you can spend your resources more efficiently somewhere else.