PDA

View Full Version : ways to advertise e product locally??

mrugank
02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Hello,
can anybody please suggest how to advertise a website or e product locally i.e. offline without shelling out lot of cash. Gorilla tactics or anything. Is online advertising better or offline advertising works equally well??

Kindly educate.

Thank You

Mrugank

Bruce Nelkin
02-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Offline works fine to promote online products.
Ever notice TV infomercials and late night commercials all have URLs now.

Press Releases to your local news papers and radio stations would be a good start.
Sponsor local community groups you can find via a Lions Club or Rotary Club, etc..

Call a reporter from the main newspaper in your target town and ask them to write a story on you and your new product/ store/website...

Let me know how it goes.

global5564
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
You can list your business name for free under local listings with Yahoo and Google. You must have a legit phone number and local, physical address but its the faster way to capture local traffic.

mrugank
02-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Thank You guys ... I shall try things that u have suggested. I shall keep you posted with how it worked. thank you oncwe again

charleskirkland
02-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Mrugank

It really depends on the type of business you have as to what type of offline adv. is going to work best.

Could you tell us more about it so that we can help create a plan for you.

Thanks
Charles

mrugank
02-09-2009, 03:47 AM
Hey Charles,

I hail from Mumbai, India and from my observations and research I found out that Very Few people actually know anything about Internet Marketing. Internet is very easily accessible in this part of the country and college students have lot of cash with them all the time ( I being one of them ). Now, I have done my homework and I am planning to launch a survey site with a very small membership fee of $13 (american dollars) . I know lot of them are available in the market but the problem is the database they provide have mojority of the sites accessible only to US, Canada and UK residents. I have put up a product where all the sites which pay people form all the countires are compiled.

Now i want to target the locals here. Colleges, BPO - call center - employees etc. and I have set my initial budget of $200 (american dollars).

Thats it. ANY Help, Any Ideas. Any Comments are welcome.

Thank You

mrugank
02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
People any advice?? I am nearing the launch dates.

Paul McPherson
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
College Newspaper Ads.

Bulletin Board Posts (electronic and physical)

Call a college student services office and see what clubs, groups and organizations exist. Chess club, Robot Kit Builders, Photography etc.. Contact them - Ask if they have a email newsletter.

Student employment office - See if you can post it as a business opportunity for students.

Paul McPherson

Vince Whinnery
02-11-2009, 02:19 PM
The people who reply offline are generally higher quality leads than online because it takes more action then simply entering your email address.

Easy ways are through flyers... local newspaper... local rags and more. Plenty of opportunities (and of course there is always Direct mail)

Trevas Walker
02-17-2009, 01:08 AM
Hello,
can anybody please suggest how to advertise a website or e product locally i.e. offline without shelling out lot of cash. Gorilla tactics or anything. Is online advertising better or offline advertising works equally well??

Kindly educate.

Thank You

Mrugank

If you live in a place where you can advertise on the TV Listing channel, it's usually a cheap way of advertising (about $150 for a 30 second spot played throughout the day), and it makes for a simple way to reach out to many people in your own area. Of course this depends on where you live, and how much the local cable provider charges for the ad spots.

When I used to sell high-end computer cases, I used this type of advertising to get quite a bit of local business.

Cheers,
Trevas Walker

Jmancalifornia
02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an indepth training program as to how to set up and promote JV product prelaunches that I see coming in my email?

I once was with Google Conquest but those guys screamed through and skipped all the basics. Left my head spinning with questions and no answers, no support and non concern for my success or failure.

Jman

dmarzean
02-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Here is what has worked for me offline...

1. unemployment office: I talked with the person in charge at the unemployment office and was able to post a flier and leave some business cards with website and email address. I received over 600 unique visitors within a week of this. (put a special url for tracking)

2. College bulletin boards: This one was harder to get approved but paid off in the long run. I received over 1500 unique visitors in 3 days from one school.

3. Pizza delivery: I asked the store store manager if I could pay him to have drives put flier with pizzas. The manager said I could pay the drivers to do this. I would pay each driver $20 to had out fliers on their shift. I saw a pretty good return on this as well. Not as good as the others though.

4. Convenience Stores: I purchased some business card holders and placed the business cards on the counter of several gas stations and convenience stores.

Be creative. go where there is a lot of traffic and print some eye catching fliers. Jobs are hard to find right now. There are all sorts of people looking for extra income....

Doug