PDA

View Full Version : Outsourcing elance or rentacoder

Mike Lucas
01-26-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm kind new to outsourcing, and a little unsure how to best describe my needs, but I have decided to get my sales letter done on either elance or rentacoder, can anyone advise me as to which may be the best, what to specify, and I know this question is like asking how long is a piece of string but, what price range for a good sales letter.

Thanks guys,

Best

Mike Lucas

mrugank
01-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey,
I have a good experience with rentacoder. You can just register yourself and there is a column there where you can post your needs. U can also decide what price range you want your work do be done in and also u get a choice of where to pick ur freelancers from. Asians and chinese freelancers do the work relatiively cheaper 35-40% less ;)

Also another great site is guru.com can serve your needs well.

All the best

Mrugank

citrus
01-26-2009, 06:12 PM
I've never hired anyone from such freelancer sites for a few reasons. First off, freelancers who offer their services in forums like the Warrior Forum understand Internet Marketing and are more likely to know what you're looking for and be able to deliver. Secondly, while there are people who are willing to work for a lot less, I wouldn't trust a Chinese person to write my salesletter (not a comment on Chinese people, I am one :P) when I could hire a native speaker.

There are often WSOs on the Warrior Forum where writers offer to write salesletters for a few hundred dollars. Usually, without such discounts and special offers, you should expect to pay in the low thousands $1K-2K. Of course, there are always Warriors looking for writing assignments in the Warriors for Hire section that charge reasonable rates and usually do very good work. For expert copywriters such as Vin Montello or even Frank Kern, you're going to be paying much more than that.

Curtis

Joel Peterson
01-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Rentacoder and elance are great for other types like scripts, tools, design......but I agree with Curtis.....not for sales copy.....

For long term out sourcing hire a full time employee in the Philippines.....they are great!

Joel

Chris Douthit
01-26-2009, 07:47 PM
You can find good people in all the sources mentioned, although WarriorForum will probably be the easiest to find someone that can produce quality. If you sign up on Elance, you will just have to weed through more bids to fight the right fit. If you have the time look on both.

atedman
01-28-2009, 07:57 AM
I agree with Curtis that you really need to be paying $1-2K for a half decent copywriter. It is definitely possible to find good copywriters in RAC and Guru but it can be difficult. If you ask who they have written sales letters before they will probably have signed NDAs so can't tell you!

Again to agree with Curtis, make sure you go for a native English speaker, your sales letter is arguably the most important piece of work in your project so you can't afford to make a bad decision.

Alan

Eric Medemar
01-28-2009, 11:03 PM
I am contemplating hiring some freelancers to handle some of my web 2.0 postings etc, how do I know where the people are from does it say on the site?

Chris Vendilli
01-29-2009, 02:44 PM
I've used both of these sites for different projects but I probably wouldn't hire a copywriter on either. I think you're better of finding a copywriter with experience in your niche.

You can find them anywhere from $300 up into the tens of thousands. One of the best copywriters I've outsourced to recently was someone I found in the Warrior Forum for $450.

PM me if you'd like me to connect you with him. I think he's raised his prices since then but he's still a great bargain for the quality work he does. I could also show you the sales page he wrote for me if you're interested let me know!

kam11
01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
There are often WSOs on the Warrior Forum where writers offer to write salesletters for a few hundred dollars. Usually, without such discounts and special offers, you should expect to pay in the low thousands $1K-2K. Of course, there are always Warriors looking for writing assignments in the Warriors for Hire section that charge reasonable rates and usually do very good work. For expert copywriters such as Vin Montello or even Frank Kern, you're going to be paying much more than that.

citrus
01-30-2009, 07:53 PM

Wow. You could've at least tried to change a few words from my post :O

fernando_rc
01-31-2009, 11:32 PM
I personally prefer rentacoder. that service is great and as Joel said, there are a lot of talent in the other side of the world (philipines, india, etc)

In my experience i'd recommend Rentacoder.com...
I posted once few days ago and I start receiving replies within 24 hours and I got what i needed just in a couple of days, sometimes is less...

but regarding the sales copy i'd prefer go to WarriorForum.,...or also, you can purchase the Sales Templates Letter that Yanik Silver is offering. Just browse and check it out!! it's nice.. just fill in the blanks and change some thins and that's it.. you're done!!

Fernando
http://www.squidoo.com/Marketing-Commission-Blueprint
http://MarketingCommissionBlueprint.WordPress.com

Garland Coulson
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
I just used Guru.com to have some code done for my ScreenSwarm system and I was very pleased with the programmer I found there.

And the escrow system worked great.

mrugank
02-04-2009, 02:57 AM

Wow. You could've at least tried to change a few words from my post :O

LOL ... now this is where it gets really FUNNY .....

Bruce Nelkin
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
For web work there are none better than a dedicated Filipino.
Try http://www.agentsofvalue.com/agents-of-value-webmaster-staff-outsourcing/

They speak fluent English and are highly educated.

For copy writers try http://manila.craigslist.com.ph/ You will find many very talented copy writers for a fraction of the price of guru.com, rentacoder, elance, scriptlance, or a bunch of the other more popular places. The Warrior Forum would be my last choice from personal experience.

Chris Douthit
02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Bruce, you have hired people right off of CL from mania and been happy with their work? Is this just cheap work, or is it good? As good as you would get on one of these other work sites?

I could see maybe for just some quick write up article, but you wouldnt hire someone from craigslits manila to do your sales letter I hope.