PDA

View Full Version : social networking sites for making money

mrugank
01-19-2009, 02:45 AM
I heard a lot about using social networking sites for making money. to promote affiliate products. can anybody please suggest how to make efficient use of them for maximising profits???

Mrugank

STEPHENHART
01-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Mrugank,

I've been attempting to ramp up traffic and sales from the likes of facebook and linkedin. I've managed to post discussions and postings on the various groups and boards on these networks, but it's extremely time consuming and doesn't really play out to bringing that many qualified participants to our site.

I'd love to hear from someone else that may be seeing some success from this?

kacey
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
An easy way to leverage social networking is by using twitter, it is easy to get many followers and you can post mini-ads as well as distribute useful content...I use it all the time...

Stephen, I've found that outsourcing your social network building is a good investment, because it is so time consuming, and there are plenty of overseas VA's who will post on social networks all day for $3-$4 an hour!

In fact, I'm looking for someone to split the time adn cost of a full time VA if anyone reading this is interested, get in contact...

Thanks,
Kacey

Audrey Thorne
01-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I also find the social networking sites to be very time consuming, and also, I am unsure about promoting my product through them. I mean, do I sign up as myself or what? I'm not sure...

But what I did do today actually, was sign up at Amazon Mechanical Turk. I funded about 250 "HITS". I pay .04, and folks from around the world bookmark or add my link on their social network sites like facebook, digg, delicious, etc.

The idea cam from Tim & Steve at CommBlue.

By the way, my name is Audrey, and I'm a brand new affiliate marketer. This may be the only thing I know anything at all about on these boards... ;)

kacey
01-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Audrey,

Do you have a link where they talk about this technique on Comm Blue?....I'd be interested to learn more :-)

Joel Peterson
01-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Ryan Wade has a tool for Twitter that works pretty good.

The idea is to get people to Re-Tweet a carefully crafted affiliate link to get access to something of value.

I saw someone else who had a tool to do the same.

Building a huge twitter following on certain topics is money right now.....I don't think it's a long term business though.

Joel