PDA

View Full Version : 1st launch advise

mrugank
01-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Hello I am relatively new to this field of IM but i have considerable knowledge to do a product launch. However I have only one ebook ready. I have no list. So would it be wise to keep the price of the book as low as $9 and ask the jv patners to keep the entire amount so that if anybody buys, i can be happy with the list. Or by doing so I can keep some money to myself? I know many would advice a take away or give away and i dont mind doing that but i Think i wont get a good consumer list by doing soo ..... and the other affiliates wouldnt quiet help me in doing soo...

I dont know friends, I am Confused and the above were my thoughts.

U friends can correct me if I am wrong

Kindly ADvice

citrus
01-16-2009, 03:47 AM
If you do have a price that low, then you should always offer 100% commissions. If you go any lower, it won't seem worthwhile for people to promote. Then you can say on your salespage that "you can make your investment back with a single sale!" or something similar. Sure you'll be losing out on cash, but your list should grow pretty big.

You would get a much bigger list by getting a few partners and selling it to their lists in addition to whatever marketing efforts you put in rather than giveaways. A typical giveaway, depending on how high your gift is listed, will get you 50-500 subscribers (roughly). Having a viral campaign where everybody gets to earn 100% commissions will result in more than that.

Good luck,
Curtis

Todd Lamb
01-16-2009, 01:41 PM
You may have difficulty attracting jv partners at that price. Your best bet imho is to make it a free giveaway all the way around. Create a JV only page offering a look at your book so JV's can decide if it is worth giving it away to their list.

Keep this in mind. A customer list is a highly coveted asset and people will not provide access to their customers lightly. There must be serious value in that which you offer.

todd

mrugank
01-16-2009, 02:16 PM
thank you guys. Thank You all for lending your valuable advices all the time. God Bless you guys

alanmag9
01-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I highly discourage trying to find JV's at payouts of $9. Having this low of a price does a few things. First of all, what JV wants to spoil their email list by sending them a product for $9? This could tarnish their name and credibility, therefore disabling future sales. Secondly, you run the risk of leaving money on the table while giving your product a "cheap" image. Have you ever heard about the test that marketers ran a few years back in grocery stores? They put two tooth brushes side by side on the shelf, and priced one at a higher price, and one at a lower price. They found that more people chose the higher priced tooth brush instead of the cheaper one. The catch? They were the exact same product, just placed in diefferent packages!

The point I am making is that raising the price adds value. It doesn't necessarily turn customers away. I would raise the $9 to at least $20-30, making it worth while for your JV's, and also adding immediate value to your product. You may be able to also put some money into your own pocket by doing this.

All the best,
Alan

citrus
01-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi guys,

I would actually have to kind of disagree with what Todd and Alan have to say about the price point. A low cost product, such as $5-$10, does not automatically make the product crap. You should judge a product by its content, not its price. Price really has nothing to do with it. I've bought some products for as low as $1 and have found treasures in them. I've bought some $77-$97 ebooks and hated them.

The only way you'll tarnish your JV's names and credibility is if you give them a crap product to promote and they promote it without first reviewing your product. If they're smart, they'll review your product before promoting it to their lists.

What you need to do is over deliver. This is your first product, correct? Don't you want to make a name for yourself? Have a killer salesletter. Knock'em dead with bullet points and then smack'em with a ridiculously low price which only an idiot would refuse. Then, your 100% commissions for affiliates will seal the deal. Who in their right mind wouldn't buy a killer product at $5-$10 AND get all the cash from sales they refer? Also, by keeping the price low, many customers will impulse buy it...as in, they will order without a second thought. A higher priced product will create a lot of doubt in a customer's mind.

I'm sure you want to make some cash with this, right? So don't give it away. What incentive would potential JV partners have if your entire product is free? You would need a killer high-priced high-converting OTO and even then, who would want to promote a free offer for an unknown marketer (no offense)?

If you price it right, your list size will swell with barely any effort from you and your long-term profits will skyrocket.

Good luck,
Curtis

mrugank
01-17-2009, 07:32 AM
I am very thankful to you my friend Curtis. You just BOOSTED my confidence. THANK YOU. I would just concentrate now on improving the product a little more. You guys are REAL HELP REAL DEAL. GOD BLESS YOU.

TAKE CARE. I will be back with good news ...

Todd Lamb
01-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Don't get me wrong...not so much about the price as it is about the value. If it is a truly amazing product then you will do well regardless of the price...it just has to be of significant value to a potential JV's customers.

tl

mrugank
01-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Guys,

Theres no point of getting anybody wrong. This is what I feel is real learning experience. All the knowledge that you all have shared, all the experiences are welcome. Todd thank you once again.

All the best

Mike Merz
01-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I agree with Curtis on all counts ... the only spot my opinion differs and leans more toward Alan and Todd is attracting JV partners with that low a price point.

Successful list owners work very hard to qualify their central lists at higher price points ... it takes time, and hard work ... to build, ongoing, the level of rapport. I doubt ... unless it's the front end of a continuity program, there is an upsell built in, or it's part of a much larger list building JV ... that they will waste their time as a JV partner for a $9 product launch (unless you are part of their innermost circle).

It's simply not worth the ROI per subscriber, IMHO ... it would have to have such an incredible hook or perceived value that it converts at over 10%, paying 75 - 100% commissions ... to be near worth the while.

Best,

Mike

samsam
01-17-2009, 10:50 PM
$9? Well, I know I probably going to pass this one! ;D

Chip Morgan
01-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi,

Here's a quick question about your $9 ebook...is there a way to make a short "report" version of your ebook, like 1-3 pages?

Example: if your ebook is about dog care, training and feeding.......you create a short report entitled something like "10 ways to train your dog to walk on a leash" or "7 Homemade Dog Food Recipes", etc...

Then, give away the free report on your website, using a squeeze page to build a list.

Promote the heck out of the squeeze page.

On the report delivery page, use a OTO (One time Offer) to "upsell" your subscribers to the $9 ebook........best case scenario, you sell a bunch of books.....worst case scenario, you have a list of people that are interested in your ebook's topic, all of whom you can email later with your book offer or similar offers.

Just another approach to selling inexpensive products, it works for me!

Chip

JayDeiboldt
01-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Here's what I don't get: Why $9?

A simple way to fix your problem would be to raise your price.

OR

You COULD run it on the $7 Secrets Script which would turn all your customers into affiliates. Pay them 100%, and you build a nice fat list of buyers.

Then once you get that set up you can run a WSO on the Warrior Forum

affiliaterockstarx
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Here is my two cents...

Go with a $47 or $67 e-book with a sales
letter written by a pro copywriter with a
proven track record.

You're probably going to have to pay 5k to
12k for it...

Give affiliates 75% through Clickbank...

Have a one time offer and make it a monthly
membership of $27 or $37 a month recurring.

Get quality graphics...

Make it 100 pages or more of super quality content.

If your not willing to fork out the dough then your not
serious about this business...

Then you need to make friends with some JV's that
have influence in the JV community.

If you do all those things right then you stand a chance
of a successful launch.

Craig Beckta

mrugank
01-26-2009, 01:43 PM
hey craig,

I am taking your advice seriously. also my book which was 43 pages old has now turned 96 pages old and of good content. Thank you, seriously.

Joel Peterson
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
You can also add videos to your product. I feel the perceived value is greatly increased with a good video. Camtasia and Sony Vegas Video are great tools......

Joel

Chris Freville
02-02-2009, 08:06 AM
My model is:

Make use of JV partners - they're worth their weight in gold.

If you dont have JV partners, then your launch will be nowhere near as successful.

Now, the trick to attracting good JV partners is:

1. Decent conversion (good sales letter)
2. Decent commission % (min. 60%, but go much higher if you can)
3. Decent amount (JV's are not going to want 60% of only $37) - make it higher priced ($47 to $77 range)
4. Decent product (JV's need to think about looking after their subscribers)
5. Decent reputation (The hardest one) - Most JV's stick with fellow marketers that they already know because they can trust them and have got decent results before, and they know they'll return the favor. When you're new, its that much harder to attract good JV's unless you can get a personal recommendation from a friend of JV. Personal introductions can go a long way in this game.

Stick to this model, and you won't go far wrong. It's the path which I followed so I know it works :)

imported_Kim Roach
02-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Excellent advice Chris!

No one gets to the top by themselves.

mrugank
02-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I cant thank you guys enough. I appriciate all your advices. Keep up the Great JOB of helping your fellow mates.

I owe you guys

Mrugank Desai

Roberto Efflandrin
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Hello Mrugank,

I have to congratulate you, you're coming out with your own product and that's a big step ahead.

I would advise that you increase the price a bit by adding value to the product.

If the product is in a niche where you can do some video screen shots of the strategies contained in your e-book, then do this and give them out as an OTO (one-time offer).

People love to see how it's done, especially in videos.

This should be able to make you some extra dollars on the back end and also encourage JV partners to promote your product even more when you give them a percentage of the one-time offer price.

I hope you have a successful launch.

Rob

global5564
02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
First, I highly advise you have at least 3 different products within one vertical that you enjoy. Then, I would build a simple landing/ sales page that will provide traffic to those three offers. You should give your affiliates 50-60% of the ebook price and keep the rest or you will be spinning your wheels. Its important to have affiliates selling for you but its also important that you, yourself know what works and how to promote traffic to your offer.

Is your ebook available to affiliates on clickbank now?

mrugank
02-09-2009, 03:53 AM
Hello,

I have postponed my ebook launch for 2 months now. I have a easier and amateur project at hand and it does not involve a lot of thinking. once it is done i will do a full scale launch. The book is ready but I need to generate cash to do a successful launch. Hopefully this project at hand will help me do the needful ($$$) lol.

I will get back to you people soon and will have to ask some of you to review it for me.

Thank You

Vince Whinnery
02-11-2009, 02:29 PM
I think everything has already been said... but you are better off creating a high priced product if you want to attract many JV partners

Pieter van Schalkwyk
03-02-2009, 02:41 AM
There is some very valuable advice in this thread for any newbie looking to launch a product and attract good JV partners. It seems that there is some consensus that higher value product would attract more (better) JV partners. Craig and Chris provided some great comments and it would be interesting to get their views on how much you should invest in a launch to get good quality graphics, sales copy and sales letters and post-launch support etc.

Any views?

Pieter

alanmag9
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
There are a few things to watch out for here. As I said in an earlier post, you want to up your price. Secondly, you must have 3 phases to your launch. I just leanred this, as I am in the process of launching my first product as well.

Do the following:
1. Have a squeeze page on your main domain with an optin box for a free preview. Create a buzz here.
2. FTP your pre-launch files to your main domain to replace the squeeze page. Include almost everything as far as sales copy to create a further buzz and anticipation, while continuing to collect leads. Nothing is for sale here.
3. On launch day, FTP your actual main sales page to your main domain.

Also include a countdown from your squeezer to your pre-launch, and include a countdown timer from your prelaunch to your launch. By doing this, you have collected leads, created a buzz, and on launch day the previous visitors will buy your product, and your JV partners are happy because they promote to their lists of hungry buyers who can't wait until your product goes live.

You also, of course, have to include a JVNP page, where you include contests, perks, and have them signup fo you can keep track of who is promoting your product. You can send them letters, notify them of changes made, and get to know your partners on a personal leve by creating a relationship with them.

Good luck on your launch!

Alan
ClickBankReaper.com
CBReaper.com

Pieter van Schalkwyk
03-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Thanks Alan

The 3 steps info is much appreciated

Pieter

Nathan Hangen
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Here's what I don't get: Why $9?

A simple way to fix your problem would be to raise your price.

OR

You COULD run it on the $7 Secrets Script which would turn all your customers into affiliates. Pay them 100%, and you build a nice fat list of buyers.

Then once you get that set up you can run a WSO on the Warrior Forum

Could you elaborate a bit more on how a WSO would fit into this particular equation?